This hearty cabbage soup with rooster, pork and many greens is a straightforward one pot meal.
Cabbage Soup with Rooster and Pork
There’s nothing like a hearty soup in center of winter. This cabbage soup is good consolation meals for a chilly winter night time and loaded with veggies! A number of of my different favourite important dish soups are Stuffed Pepper Soup, Turkey Chili Taco Soup, and Beef, Tomato and Acini Di Pepe Soup. You possibly can see extra Soup Recipes right here!
My cousin Katia via collectively this wonderful soup. Made with a number of easy substances she had available, it stuffed the kitchen with the aroma of consolation meals. The parts are giant, making this a filling important dish soup.
Should you don’t like pork, you possibly can add extra rooster right here. It’s made with rooster breast, however rooster thighs would even be nice.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 3/4 cups
- 16 ounces boneless skinless rooster breasts
- 1 pound nation fashion pork ribs, boneless
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 giant rooster bouillon, corresponding to Knorr
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped (about 9 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 giant leeks, chopped (whites solely)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1.5 oz brandy, omit in case you do not drink alcohol
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper, to style
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric or achiote corresponding to Sazon, optionally available for coloration
Chop meat into small chunks.
In a big pot, mix rooster, pork, water and bouillon, bay leaves and cumin and convey to a boil, then simmer about quarter-hour on medium warmth.
Add the greens and remaining substances.
Cut back to low, cowl and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 3/4 cups, Energy: 217 kcal, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 26.5 g, Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 93.5 mg, Sodium: 212.5 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 4.5 g