Say hi there to essentially the most scrumptious turkey burger recipe you’ve ever had! We’ll train you how you can make good, moist turkey burgers each time.
Wholesome Turkey Burger Recipe
It’s onerous to discover a juicy turkey burger on the market, that isn’t crumbly or dry. However, you’re about to discover ways to make no-fail turkey burgers!
Throw them proper on the grill and serve them with any of those scrumptious sides and also you’ve received your self a wholesome, filling meal.
Don’t skip out on any of the spices, veggies, or toppings for these juicy turkey burgers.
Why you’ll love them!
- 15g protein/serving
- Decrease in fats
- Tremendous moist and by no means dry
- Made on the grill
Turkey Burger Components
Lean Floor Turkey (after all!)
We used 85% / 15% fats floor turkey, which implies you’ll have the fats you might want to guarantee a superbly juicy turkey burger!
Herbs and Veggies
YES, all these veggies and herbs go proper in your turkey burger patty! All the pieces might be finely chopped or diced to make sure each single scrumptious chew of your turkey burg packs all these flavors:
- Grated white onion
- Canned inexperienced chiles
- Finely diced recent inexperienced pepper
- Chopped recent cilantro
Turkey Burger Seasoning
What provides these burgers additional taste? The seasoning!
- Garlic cloves: You possibly can’t beat the flavour of recent garlic cloves! We minced ours for this burger to make sure each burger patty received a touch of that scrumptious garlic taste.
- Purple chili flakes: Purple pepper flakes, crimson chili flakes — regardless what you name yours, this contact of spicy warmth will give your burgs such a scrumptious taste!
- Garlic powder: As a result of recent cloves simply aren’t sufficient, we added a little bit of garlic powder to this turkey burger as nicely!
- Floor cumin: Can’t skip the scrumptious earthy taste of floor cumin in these burgers! It pairs completely with the garlic and chili flakes.
- Salt and black pepper: Only a contact of every is all you’ll want.
Why use butter in your turkey burger patties?
This turkey burger recipe requires 3 tablespoons of chilly butter, diced into small chunks. You’ll fold this into the remainder of the turkey burger substances earlier than making it into patties. Because the burgers cook dinner, the butter melts and infuses scrumptious moisture into the patties.
A lot of different turkey burger recipes name for an egg and/or mayonnaise, however butter is our secret weapon for retaining issues good and moist.
How you can Prepare dinner the Good Turkey Burger on the Grill
We suggest cooking these turkey burgers at 375ºF on both a gasoline or charcoal grill as such:
- Begin by preheating your grill to 375ºF (medium-high warmth).
- As soon as your grill is preheated, spray a big piece of tin foil with non-stick cooking spray and place the tin foil on the grill grates.
- Then, switch the burger patties onto the tin foil. Prepare dinner either side for about 6-7 minutes with the grill lined. Professional Tip: The cook dinner time will rely upon how thick your burgers are, however needs to be roughly 6-7 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to test the interior temperature of the burgers. As soon as they’ve reached an inner temperature of 160ºF, take away the burgers from the grill and allow them to sit for five minutes. Your burgers will proceed to complete cooking and attain an inner temperature of 165ºF as they sit (off warmth!) throughout this time.
Turkey Burger Inside Temp
Turkey burgers should be cooked to an inner temperature of I160ºF – 165ºF.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth.
- Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray or wipe with olive oil.
- Place the turkey burger within the pan and cook dinner for five minutes on either side or till the interior temperature reaches 165ºF.
Turkey Burger Topping Concepts
We served our burgers on hamburger buns topped with fast pickled onions and an avocado mash, however be happy to get artistic and high your turkey burgs with no matter your little coronary heart wishes, like:
Turkey Burger Q’s
Floor turkey is decrease in fats and excessive in protein, making it a wholesome possibility for a burger.
You possibly can retailer turkey burger patties within the fridge for as much as 5 days in an air tight container.
Let the burger patties cool fully earlier than putting them in a freezer-safe bag and putting them within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
There are round 230 energy in a single turkey burger.
Make this burger a part of an entire meal and make one among these scrumptious aspect dishes which you can throw proper on the grill subsequent to those turkey burgers.
Make Forward and Freeze
Seeking to make your turkey burger patties forward of time and freeze them for later? Right here’s how you can do it:
- Make your turkey burger patties as directed.
- As an alternative of cooking, switch the uncooked patties onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for no less than 2 hours.
- Switch the frozen turkey burgers right into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag.
- Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Juicy Turkey Burger Recipe
Say hi there to essentially the most scrumptious turkey burger recipe you have ever had! These turkey burgers are moist, flavorful, and simple to freeze!
Prepare dinner:15 minutes
Fast Pickled Onions
- 1 lb. 85% fats floor turkey
- ½ medium white onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons inexperienced chiles
- 1 medium inexperienced pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup recent chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crimson chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon floor pepper
- 3 tablespoons chilly butter diced
- 6 burger buns
First, put together your fast pickled onions. Place apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, salt, and sugar right into a mason jar. Screw the duvet on and shake the jar till the salt and sugar have dissolved.
Then, place the sliced onion into the jar. Make sure that all the onion is roofed in vinegar.
Place the lid again on the jar and provides it yet another shake.
Lastly, place the jar within the fridge for no less than 2 hours or in a single day for the optimum fast pickled onion!
Subsequent, preheat the grill to 375ºF.
Put together the burgers and place all the substances for the burgers (minus the buns 😛 ) into a big bowl and blend along with a wood spoon. Don’t be afraid to get messy and use your palms.
As soon as all of the substances are mixed, kind the burger patties by splitting the turkey burger combination into 6 balls.
Then, moist your palms with water (the water helps to maintain the turkey patty from sticking to your palms) and kind every ball of meat into small patties and place them onto a plate.
Lastly, spray a big piece of tin foil with non-stick cooking spray and place the tin foil on the grill.*
Switch the burger patties onto the tin foil. The temperature of the grill needs to be roughly 375ºF. Prepare dinner either side for about 6-7 minutes lined. This may rely upon the thickness of your burger.
Whereas the burgers are cooking on the grill, put together the avocado mash by putting the avocado in a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the inexperienced chiles, salt, and cilantro to the avocado and blend nicely.
As soon as the burgers have reached an inner temperature of 160ºF, take away the burgers from the grill and allow them to sit for five minutes.
Serve the burgers on a bun or piece of lettuce and high with avocado mash and pickled onions.
Suggestions & Notes
- Diet info is for JUST the burger and doesn’t embody the bun + toppings.
- Stovetop Instructions: Make it on the range by heating a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray or wipe with olive oil. Place the turkey burger within the pan and cook dinner for five minutes on either side or till the interior temperature reaches 165ºF.
Energy: 232kcal Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 15g Fats: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g
Images: pictures taken on this publish are by Erin from The Wood Skillet.