With wholesome floor beef, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, a contact of honey, and loads of inexperienced onions, this Korean Beef Bowl recipe is ideal for serving over rice with greens for a simple, healthful meal. The very best half? It may be in your desk in 20 minutes flat!
This floor beef dinner is exquisitely easy-yet-excellent (very similar to Floor Beef Casserole).
A lot so, it’s virtually nonetheless cooling on the range, however I needed to rush over and share the recipe with you!
- This Korean beef bowl with veggies is quick; you’ll be able to have it in your desk in 20 minutes!
- You in all probability have already got the entire substances round (particularly for those who usually make stir fry recipes like this Egg Roll in a Bowl).
- It’s best for meal prep. The entire elements may be prepped individually, then assembled for serving.
5 Star Evaluation
“Reasonably priced, balanced, fast, scrumptious…. checks all our containers for an important meal for any night time!”
— Rebekah —
About this Recipe
These beef bowls are super-duper loosely based mostly on Smitten Kitchen Crispy Rice Bowls, which have been certainly one of our favourite straightforward dinner recipes we’ve tried currently.
- We served our sautéed Korean floor beef over steamed brown rice the primary time and with quinoa the second; we have been extremely happy with how they each tasted.
- A fried egg is one other tasty method to end off them off.
- You can also commerce out the greens right here for almost any you favor or have round. I like the mix of beef and broccoli in Asian recipes (taking a look at you, Crockpot Beef and Broccoli, On the spot Pot Beef and Broccoli, and Wholesome Beef and Broccoli), so making this Korean beef bowl with broccoli is subsequent on my listing.
- High off these Korean bowls with shredded carrots and thinly sliced cucumbers for garnish.
When you have time, let the greens sit in a mixture of rice vinegar, sugar, and water to flippantly pickle—the time the meat must brown might be sufficient, and also you’ll adore your self for making this improve.
Tips on how to Make a Korean Beef Bowl
You’ll discover plenty of main variations between this straightforward Korean beef bowl recipe and Deb’s model (notably the bottom beef), however the two recipes are wildly scrumptious, quick-and-easy, and take inspiration from Korean cooking. Neither claims authenticity. I hope you’ll strive them each.
- Floor Beef. Lean floor beef (I used 93% lean) retains this recipe mild with out sacrificing taste.
- Soy Sauce. Coats each morsel of the meat, giving it a delightfully salty, savory, umami taste. I like to recommend utilizing low-sodium soy sauce to make sure your beef bowl doesn’t develop into too salty.
- Garlic + Ginger. Tiny however mighty! Each garlic and ginger pack intense flavors that complement nearly any stir fry recipe.
- Rice Vinegar. For a contact of acidity.
- Honey. Including honey provides the dish a delicate, balanced sweetness with out utilizing any refined sugars (like brown sugar).
- Pink Pepper Flakes. For a pinch of warmth. For those who like your stir fry additional spicy, be at liberty so as to add extra crimson pepper flakes to take it up a notch.
- Pickled Greens. A unbelievable addition that provides acidity, texture, and crunch to those spicy Korean beef bowls. I often go for Persian cucumbers and shredded carrots, however Fast Pickled Onions or radishes would even be nice to strive.
See the “Notes” part of the recipe card under to learn the way I prefer to rapidly pickle my cucumbers and carrots for this dish.
- Sesame Oil. Supplies that unmistakable Asian taste to this dish. Don’t skip this ingredient! Sesame oil is often situated within the Asian or worldwide aisle of most grocery shops.
The Greatest Base for Korean Beef Bowls
The one factor left to determine is what to make use of as a base in your final Korean beef bowl. Listed below are a number of of my favorites:
- Rice. A traditional and crowd-pleasing base for this beef bowl. We like brown rice for its whole-grain advantages. See On the spot Pot Brown Rice for a simple cooking methodology.
- Quinoa. For a lift in protein content material, serve your beef bowl on high of cooked quinoa.
- Cauliflower Rice. Make this a low-carb Korean beef bowl by serving it with cauliflower rice.
- Noodles. For those who’re a fan of noodles together with your stir fries, do this beef bowl with cooked soba, rice, or udon noodles.
- Fast pickle your greens, if desired.
- Brown the meat with the soy sauce, garlic, and inexperienced onions.
- Whisk collectively the vinegar, honey, ginger, and crimson pepper flakes. Pour the combination over the meat, stirring to coat. Take away from the warmth, and stir within the sesame oil.
- Serve sizzling with rice (or base of selection) and desired toppings. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Place leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Gently rewarm leftovers in a big skillet over medium-low warmth on the range. It’s also possible to reheat this dish within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Retailer the meat combination and greens in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
This recipe makes a unbelievable make-ahead lunch or dinner.
- Prep your greens upfront, and retailer them within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Portion your rice into storage containers, high together with your desired serving dimension of the meat combination, and end with the greens.
- Retailer all of the containers within the fridge, and seize them for fast lunches or dinners all through the week.
What to Serve with Korean Beef Bowls
On the lookout for concepts on what to pair with these fast Korean beef bowls to finish your dinner menu? Listed below are a number of of my favourite concepts:
The one factor that’s quicker than making these fast Korean beef bowls…is consuming them!
Did you like this recipe? Don’t neglect to go away a evaluation, and be at liberty to snap a photograph and share it on Instagram or Fb. I like to see my recipes come to life in your kitchens.
Often Requested Questions
Whereas Korean beef is conventional, it’s removed from the one choice. Be at liberty to experiment with different floor meat. Floor turkey, rooster, or pork would all would work properly with these flavors.
For a gluten-free Korean beef bowl, make certain to swap the soy sauce for gluten free tamari.
I’ve solely ever made this recipe with floor beef, so it will be an experiment to swap for thinly sliced or shaved beef (which is extra like conventional bulgogi beef). For those who give it a strive, I’d love to listen to in regards to the ends in the feedback.
FOR THE BEEF:
- 1 pound lean floor beef (I used 93% lean)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce plus further to style, divided
- 1 1/4 cups minced scallions each inexperienced and white elements (from about 1 small bundle), divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced or finely grated contemporary ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crimson pepper flakes plus further to style
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil plus further to tase
- Cooked brown rice quinoa, or cauliflower rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots see recipe notes to pickle them for an improve
- Thinly sliced seedless cucumbers Persian-style or English/sizzling home
- Toasted sesame seeds
Pickle the carrots and/or cucumbers if desired (see recipe notes—I extremely suggest).
In a big skillet, brown the meat over medium-high warmth, breaking it into small items, till it’s browned and cooked via, about 5 or so minutes. When the meat is about midway completed cooking, add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and a pair of/3 of the scallions. As soon as the meat is totally browned, stir within the garlic and cook dinner 30 seconds.
Whereas the meat cooks, in a small bowl, stir collectively the rice vinegar, honey, ginger, crimson pepper flakes, and remaining soy sauce.
Pour over the browned beef. Stir and cook dinner for two minutes. Take away from the warmth, then stir within the sesame oil. Sprinkle the remaining inexperienced onion excessive. Style and add additional soy sauce or crimson pepper flakes as desired (I added a bit extra of every).
Serve the meat sizzling, over rice, topped generously with the carrots, cucumber, and sesame seeds.
- TO PICKLE THE CARROTS AND CUCUMBERS: Place the greens in a medium bowl. High with 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to coat the strands. Let marinate/gently pickle when you put together the remainder of the recipe. Drain then use to high the bowls.
- TO STORE: Place leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Gently rewarm leftovers in a big skillet over medium-low warmth on the range. It’s also possible to reheat this dish within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Retailer the meat combination and greens in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of 4); heaping 3/4 cupEnergy: 303kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 24gFats: 15gSaturated Fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 74mgPotassium: 600mgFiber: 2gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 6968IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 4mg
Be part of immediately and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Extra fast and straightforward stir fry recipes that may be in your desk in below half-hour.