This Seven Layer Dip is straightforward, scrumptious, and at all times a crowd-pleaser! It’s a wholesome and satisfying recipe that could be a must-have at events.
Why We Love This Seven Layer Dip
I can’t emphasize sufficient the significance of getting a scrumptious, simple, tremendous standard, and wholesome recipe which you could reliably flip to time and time once more. Whether or not or not it’s for a vacation occasion, informal get-together, or its-tuesday-night-and-I-don’t-feel-like-cooking. Which will looks like a lofty and unattainable objective for a humble recipe, however hear me out. Seven Layer Dip is an overachiever like that. There isn’t any cooking concerned. No planning forward. Not even room for error. And anyplace you serve it, it’s assured to attract a crowd. It might not be fancy or spectacular. However it’s downright scrumptious. And with the mix of veggies, beans, and greek yogurt? It’s fairly darn wholesome, too.
It’s additionally effortlessly customizable. Don’t like olives? Depart them out. Love bell peppers? Throw them on there. Serve it in a casserole dish, or in small, particular person serving containers for cute and moveable comfort. This one actually is a keeper.
Substances For Seven Layer Dip:
- Refried Beans– Any model you want (we used Rosarita model)
- Rotel Tomatoes– Rotel tomatoes have inexperienced chilies that do add just a little bit of warmth, however nonetheless lots delicate sufficient for teenagers. You possibly can substitute common petite diced tomatoes when you want.
- Taco Seasoning– Use your favourite store-bought model, or a home made taco seasoning mix.
- Greek Yogurt (or Bitter Cream)– We now have made it each methods, and both approach is scrumptious!
- Avocados– You can even substitute store-bought guacamole for the avocado/lime/garlic salt layer.
- Garlic Salt
- Cheddar Cheese– We love medium or sharp cheddar cheese. You can even use a Mexican shredded cheese mix.
- Roma Tomatoes– Roma tomatoes are good as a result of they’ve much less moisture than different recent tomato varieties.
- Inexperienced Onions
The best way to Make Seven Layer Dip:
- Mix refried beans and rotel tomatoes. In a small bowl, stir collectively beans and tomatoes. Unfold into the underside of your serving dish. That is your first layer.
- Whisk collectively greek yogurt and taco seasoning. Whisk to mix and unfold evenly over the refried bean layer.
- Mash the avocados. Slice the avocados in half and take away the pit. Put the avocado in a small bowl and mash with the lime juice and garlic salt. Unfold the avocado combination evenly over the greek yogurt layer.
- Add the remainder of the toppings. Lastly, sprinkle the cheese, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, and sliced inexperienced onions over the avocado layer.
- Chill. Permit your Seven Layer Dip to relax for a minimum of half-hour to permit the flavors to meld. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Take pleasure in!
Ideas & Solutions
How lengthy does Seven Layer Dip final?
Seven layer dip will final 3-4 days within the fridge if nicely lined. Remember the fact that the layers will begin to bleed and the avocado layer will begin to brown. However it is going to nonetheless be scrumptious!
What’s in Seven Layer Dip?
Seven layer dip often consists of a refried beans, taco-seasoned bitter cream, guacamole, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and inexperienced onions. Be at liberty to leave-off, change, or add to those layers!
Extra Scrumptious Get together Dip Recipes:
Seven Layer Dip
This Seven Layer Dip is straightforward, scrumptious, and at all times a crowd-pleaser! It is a wholesome and satisfying recipe that could be a must-have at events.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes delicate or medium
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or bitter cream
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can black olives sliced
- 2 small roma tomatoes diced
- 2 stalks inexperienced onions chopped
In a small mixing bowl, stir refried beans and Rotel tomatoes collectively. Unfold within the backside of a 9×13″ pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively taco seasoning and Greek yogurt. Unfold over the refried beans.
Mash the avocados to the consistency you want, and mix with lime juice and garlic salt. Unfold over the yogurt layer.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese excessive, then sliced olives, then diced tomatoes, and final however not least – inexperienced onion. Chill for half-hour earlier than serving.
Serve with tortilla chips. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 0.4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.