This can be a easy and scrumptious arugula salad recipe. It’s made with arugula, dried fruit, veggies, and fruit. It’s the excellent aspect dish to any meal!
This arugula salad is a good way to get your day by day dose of vegetables and fruit. Additionally it is an excellent supply of protein and wholesome fat. The balsamic French dressing provides a contact of sweetness and acidity that balances out the bitterness of the arugula. This salad is ideal for a light-weight lunch or dinner.
Arugula is a peppery, leafy inexperienced that’s typically utilized in salads. It has a barely bitter style that may be balanced out with candy fruits, salty nuts, and creamy cheese. This arugula salad recipe is a good way to benefit from the taste of arugula with out the bitterness.
Why cook dinner with arugula?
- Arugula has probably the most wonderful spicy taste! In contrast to different greens, you don’t want so as to add a ton of dressing or taste to those greens as a result of they provide a lot taste.
- Arugula is full of calcium, potassium, and nutritional vitamins!
- Rising arugula in your individual private backyard is very easy! It’s simple to develop and when you trim it, it simply grows again again and again. So you’ve arugula all summer time lengthy!
- Arugula isn’t simply nice in salads, however you may make pesto, add it to omelets, and even toss it in pastas!
What You Want for this Arugula Salad Recipe
That is an arugula salad, individuals. Use arugula! Nonetheless, should you don’t have arugula and need to make a scrumptious salad, massaged kale, or spring greens with some micro-greens are all good choices!
Nuts + Seeds
Crunch is so essential in a salad! Nuts and seeds supply a bit texture to any salad, making them extra enjoyable to eat! Not solely do nuts and seeds add texture however they’re nutrient-dense, including extra fiber, protein, omega-3s, and extra!
We use pine nuts on this arugula salad, however be happy so as to add any of the nuts or seeds beneath in its place!
- Slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
With regards to arugula salads, a bit little bit of cheese is a should! Cheese provides a creamy, tart, and even a nutty taste to all salads! We used goat cheese on this salad, however be happy to make use of any of the cheese choices beneath.
- Crumbled Feta
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Cheddar cheese reduce into small cubes
Dried + Contemporary Fruit
Dried fruit and contemporary fruit are nice additions to arugula salads! They offer every chunk a bit sweetness to steadiness out the salty and earthy flavors that include any salad!
We used contemporary blueberries and dried cherries on this salad, however it’s enjoyable to change up the fruit on this salad based mostly on this season!
- Dried cherries
- Dried apricot
Although the bottom of this salad is a vegetable (arugula) I feel it’s key so as to add extra veggies to each salad!
Particularly greens that you could reduce into bite-sized items. I actually consider that ensuring you get nearly each ingredient in each chunk makes a salad that a lot better!
We added minced pink garlic and halved cherry tomatoes to this salad.
simple arugula salad dressing
The gorgeous factor about making salads at house is YOU get to decide on what you need to put in it! The dressing is a good way to make any salad your individual!
We used our go-to balsamic French dressing for this arugula salad, but when it’s not your factor, any of our dressing recipes will do the trick! Under are three different dressings that we’d use on this salad!
Prime Ideas for the Greatest Arugula Salad
- Use contemporary arugula. Arugula is greatest when it’s contemporary. Search for arugula that’s darkish inexperienced and has a peppery aroma.
- Don’t overdress the salad. Arugula is a fragile inexperienced and may simply turn out to be wilted whether it is overdressed. Use a light-weight hand with the dressing and add extra if wanted.
- Add your favourite toppings. This arugula salad is a superb clean canvas. Add your favourite fruits, nuts, and cheese to create a salad that’s excellent on your style.
A traditional arugula salad is made up of arugula, freshly shaved parmesan, a easy lemon French dressing, and (typically) toasted pine nuts! If you’re feeling a easy salad, you’ll be able to’t go fallacious with a traditional arugula salad.
Since arugula does have a little bit of a spicier taste, we advocate pairing arugula with sweeter substances like dried fruit and vibrant and light-weight salad dressings!
Any grilled, baked, or sauteed protein goes rather well with arugula salad. We advocate Greek lemon hen or salmon patties.
What are you able to do with arugula apart from salad?
There are such a lot of issues you are able to do with arugula! Listed here are a few of our favourite methods to eat arugula if we don’t have it in a salad.
- Toss arugula in pasta: Arugula provides nice taste to any pasta! We prefer to make pasta after which we fold contemporary arugula into the pasta proper on the finish. It’s wonderful! Try this creamy asparagus pasta or this yummy BLT pasta. Each recipes incorporate arugula!
- Add arugula to your breakfast: We add arugula to an egg scramble or an omelette on a regular basis! You can too make this scrumptious arugula breakfast sandwich. It’s a go-to breakfast on FFF!
- Make arugula pesto or tabouli: Some individuals solely use arugula as they might every other contemporary herb due to it’s peppery taste. This makes it a super ingredient so as to add to pesto or tabouli! We made a scrumptious arugula pesto on this Mediterranean salmon recipe and added arugula to this quinoa tabouli!
The Greatest Arugula Salad Recipe
This arugula recipe is an ideal steadiness of peppery arugula, contemporary blueberries, tangy goat cheese, and candy cherry tomatoes, all wearing a easy and flavorful balsamic French dressing.
Cook dinner:5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic French dressing*
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2.5 ounces arugula
- 1/2 medium pink onion diced
- 1/2 cup contemporary blueberries
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
Start by getting ready this balsamic French dressing after which put aside. Possibility to make use of no matter French dressing you’ve readily available, however we love our home made balsamic.
Subsequent, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over medium warmth for 4-5 minutes or till golden brown. Watch out, pine nuts can flip from brown to burnt in a short time, so keep watch over them. Take away from warmth and put aside till cool.
Add arugula, pink onion, blueberries, tomatoes, cherries, goat cheese crumbles, and pine nuts into a big bowl and toss all the substances collectively.
Lastly, drizzle dressing onto the salad, one tablespoon at a time. Proceed so as to add one tablespoon of dressing till salad is dressed as desired.**
Ideas & Notes
- When you make our whole home made balsamic French dressing, you should have leftover dressing! It is going to last as long as 7 days within the fridge!
- If you’re not serving immediately, chorus from dressing your salad till serving.
Energy: 173kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 4g Fats: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g