It’s at all times baking season right here at AK, particularly while you want an epic deal with to impress family and friends at your subsequent BBQ or get together.
After all, I additionally need to be conscious of delivering you more healthy grain free/gluten free/dairy free recipes that can match into practically anybody’s weight loss program trigger I’m a pleasant blogger like that (after which you may share the love!)
These wholesome millionaire bars simply so occur to be paleo-friendly, vegan and gluten free, however nobody will be capable to inform. They’re layered with a beautiful shortbread cookie base, dreamy tahini caramel center, and naturally, a chocolate topping you’ll do backflips for.
What are “millionaire bars?”
Millionaire bars AKA “millionaire’s shortbread,” or “caramel squares” are principally bars made with a shortbread biscuit base, caramel center, and chocolate topping. I created my very own tackle the well-known dessert by making it gluten free, vegan pleasant, and full of a tahini-based caramel. SO GOOD.
Elements in these wholesome millionaire bars
These simple, vegan and gluten free millionaire bars have 3 unbelievable layers: a shortbread base, caramel filling, and a luscious chocolate topping. They’re made with healthful substances you’re going to like:
- The shortbread base: we’re conserving the bottom gluten and grain free by utilizing almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Really easy!
- The tahini caramel filling: I feel I’d wish to dwell on this caramel thanks very a lot. You’ll want tahini, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt to make the caramel. Right here’s my favourite model of tahini to make use of — use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off!
- The chocolate topping: I like to make use of Get pleasure from Life chocolate chips to maintain the bars vegan and dairy free, however be happy to make use of any chocolate you’d like.
Can I take advantage of a unique flour?
I extremely suggest sticking with the almond flour for finest outcomes as it’s how I examined the bars. You would strive utilizing gluten free oat flour instead of the almond flour, though you might want so as to add somewhat extra melted coconut oil in order that it feels moist.
Can I swap the tahini?
I desire utilizing tahini for the proper style, however you could possibly additionally use a pure, drippy nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter.
Tahini caramel millionaire bars in 4 steps
- Bake the crust. Begin by mixing all the shortbread crust substances collectively till they type a thick crumb texture. Press the crust evenly into your 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper and bake it for 10 minutes.
- Add the caramel. Combine your tahini caramel substances in a saucepan over medium-low warmth till it’s good and clean. Pour it over the marginally cooled shortbread crust and place the pan within the fridge for at the least Half-hour till the caramel has hardened.
- Add the chocolate. Soften your chocolate chips with somewhat coconut oil within the microwave or in a saucepan and pour the melted chocolate over the solidified caramel layer.
- Cool, lower & serve. Place the bars within the fridge for an hour till the chocolate is totally hardened, then take away the bars from the pan, sprinkle with sea salt, slice and luxuriate in!
Don’t neglect these important suggestions
- Use the proper pan. Be sure you use an 8×8 inch pan as a way to get the proper form and consistency. Even somewhat bigger, like a 9×9 inch pan, will make the bars too flat.
- Pack your almond flour. You’ll need to use packed almond flour (and ensure it’s blanched, wonderful almond flour) identical to you’d with brown sugar.
- Have persistence. Be sure you let the caramel and chocolate layers chill utterly in order that the bars maintain collectively nicely. I do know it’s tempting, however have persistence!
retailer & freeze these bars
- To retailer: these vegan millionaire bars ought to be stored lined within the fridge till you’re able to serve them. They are going to keep good in your fridge for about 1 week.
- To freeze: be happy to maintain them in a freezer-safe container in your freezer for as much as 1 month. In the event you do hold them in your freezer, make sure you depart them out on the counter for a couple of minutes earlier than serving in order that they soften up a bit.
Extra vegan desserts you’ll love
I hope you get an opportunity to strive these caramel millionaire bars out ASAP. I do know you’re going to like them! Be sure you charge the recipe and depart a remark beneath for those who strive them — and don’t neglect to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram! xo.
Salted Tahini Caramel Millionaire Bars (vegan and paleo)
Simple to make salted caramel millionaire bars with a shortbread cookie base, salted tahini caramel filling and the right dairy free chocolate topping. These wholesome millionaire bars are vegan, gluten free and paleo and make the most effective dessert!
- For the shortbread base:
packed wonderful blanched almond flour (I take advantage of Bob’s Purple Mill)
melted coconut oil
pure maple syrup
- For the salted tahini caramel:
pure maple syrup
- For the chocolate layer:
chocolate chips (dairy free if desired)
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch sq. pan with parchment paper. It’s necessary to make use of an 8×8 inch as a 9×9 inch pan could also be too large.
In a medium bowl add the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Combine along with a fork till it types a pleasant thick crumb texture. Add to pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Permit crust to chill for 10 minutes earlier than including caramel.
Subsequent make the salted tahini caramel: Add the tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt to a medium pot and place over medium-low warmth for about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Pour over the marginally cooled crust.
Place in fridge for at the least Half-hour-1 hour to harden the caramel. It should not take longer than this, however if you’re impatient, simply place in freezer for 15-20 minutes, this could pace up the method.
After Half-hour, make the chocolate layer: Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave secure bowl and microwave on excessive in 30 second increments, stirring in between till chocolate is totally melted. In the event you desire, you may also soften the chocolate and coconut oil in small saucepan over low warmth.
Pour over the caramel layer and tilt pan side-to-side to evenly distribute the melted chocolate. Place in fridge for an hour till chocolate is totally hardened and bars are cooled.
Take away bars from pan, sprinkle with fancy sea salt and lower into 16 squares. Get pleasure from! Bars ought to be stored lined within the fridge till able to serve.
In the event you do not need to use almond flour, I recommend hazelnut flour. You would additionally gluten free oat flour instead of the almond flour, though you might want so as to add somewhat extra melted coconut oil in order that it feels moist.
Servings: 16 squares
Serving dimension: 1 bar
Saturated fats: 10g
This submit was initially revealed on October twenty fifth, 2018, and republished on Could twenty seventh, 2023.