There are not any potatoes on this home made Zucchini Gnocchi. It’s principally zucchini with a bit flour and cheese, pan-fried with marinara sauce. Delish!
You could be accustomed to my cauliflower gnocchi, which impressed this new model. Since zucchini is in season, I performed round with this recipe and cherished the way it turned out. I desire to prepare dinner it in a skillet slightly than boiling it, like potato gnocchi, for the most effective outcomes. For extra zucchini recipes, do that superb Zucchini Lasagna, Zucchini Rollatini or these scrumptious Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
Zucchini Gnocchi Components
- Zucchini: Grate three kilos of zucchini with the big holes of a field grater.
- Flour: You need to use all-purpose or gluten-free flour.
- Cheese: I used Pecorino Romano, however parmesan would additionally work. Combine some cheese into the gnocchi dough and avoid wasting to sprinkle on high for those who’d like.
- Salt to season
- Gnocchi Sauce: Serve the zucchini gnocchi with marinara sauce. Purchase your favourite model or make home made marinara. You might additionally high them with vodka sauce or pesto for those who desire.
- Herbs: Garnish with recent basil if desired.
The way to Make Zucchini Gnocchi
- Cook dinner the Zucchini: Put the zucchini in a big, deep skillet or pot, cowl, and prepare dinner till tender and smooth for about eight to 12 minutes. Put aside to chill.
- Squeeze the zucchini of extra liquid by putting it in a dish towel and squeezing it till there’s no extra water. Place the zucchini in a bowl.
- Make the Gnocchi Dough: Add the flour, cheese, and salt to the bowl with the zucchini, and blend with a fork at first. Then use your arms to fold and squeeze every little thing collectively right into a dough.
- Create Ropes: Mud a piece floor with flour and separate the dough into eight items weighing 2 ¾ ounces. One after the other, roll every ball right into a half- inch rope that’s 10 inches lengthy. Repeat the method with the remaining dough.
- Lower Gnocchi: Lower every rope into 13 equal-sized items, barely nudging the items aside in order that they’re not touching. You must find yourself with about 108 items. If the dough turns into too sticky, put some flour in your arms.
- The way to Cook dinner the Gnocchi: Liberally spray a big skillet with oil and heat over medium warmth. Place half of the gnocchi within the pan, ensuring to not overcrowd it. After two minutes, gently flip them over with a spoon or tongs. Sprinkle salt over the tops and prepare dinner for just a few extra minutes. Take away them from the pan and prepare dinner the second batch.
- Serving: Put the primary batch of gnocchi again within the skillet and pour within the marinara. Prime with grated cheese.
What to Serve with Zucchini Gnocchi
Since these wholesome gnocchi are filled with veggies and topped with marinara, you can serve them by themselves. If you wish to add a protein, attempt it with Air Fryer Rotisserie Hen, Filet Mignon, and Roasted Leg of Lamb.
The way to Retailer Zucchini Gnocchi
- Leftover zucchini gnocchi will last as long as 4 days within the fridge. Reheat in a skillet or microwave.
- The way to Freeze Uncooked Gnocchi: Flash freeze the gnocchi in a single layer on a sheet pan. As soon as frozen, switch to a zip-locked bag, and freeze for as much as three months. Thaw them in a single day within the fridge earlier than cooking.
- The way to Freeze Cooked Gnocchi: Freeze the gnocchi and sauce in single-serving containers for as much as three months. Whenever you want a simple meal, thaw a container in a single day after which microwave or heat it on the range.
Extra Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 /4 of recipe, about 27 items
Add zucchini to a big deep skillet or pot and prepare dinner, lined till tender and smooth, about 8 to 12 minutes stirring. Put aside to chill.
Place the zucchini in a dish towel and squeeze out as a lot extra water as potential then place in a big bowl.
Add the flour, cheese and salt into the bowl with the zucchini and blend with a fork at first, then utilizing your arms to fold and squeeze every little thing collectively right into a dough.
Mud a piece floor with flour, then separate the dough into 8 equal items, about 2 3/4 ounces every. One after the other, roll every ball right into a ½-inch-thick rope 10 inches lengthy and put aside. Proceed till all of the dough is used up.
Subsequent, minimize every rope into 13 equal sized (gnocchi-like) items, barely nudging the items aside in order that they’re not touching. You must get about 108 items complete. If at any level the dough turns into too sticky to work with, add flour to your arms.
In two batches, liberally spray a big a skillet with oil and heat over medium warmth. Place half of the gnocchi on the new skillet (if the items stick collectively simply slice them aside within the skillet utilizing the spatula). Don’t overcrowd the pan; you’ll have to prepare dinner the gnocchi in two batches.
Let the gnocchi sit within the scorching pan undisturbed for two minutes, then gently flip utilizing a spoon or tongs, being cautious to not squish them. Sprinkle salt over the tops and proceed to prepare dinner for one more 2 to 4 minutes or till desired doneness.
Put aside and repeat with remaining gnocchi, then add every little thing again to the skillet and pour the marinara over every little thing, give a stir and serve topped with non-compulsory grated cheese.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /4 of recipe, about 27 items, Energy: 216 kcal, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Protein: 7.5 g, Fats: 4 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 679.5 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 13 g